The Legalett GEO-Slab (Frost Protected Structural -Shallow Foundation) Slab on Grade System Is Essentially Two Building Systems In One...
The Foundation AND the optional Air-Heated Radiant Flooring System.
Warm Floors and Mold/Mildew Free Foundations with Legalett Shallow Foundations & Air-Heated Radiant Floor Systems - Promote Healthy Indoor Air Quality and a Healthy Living Climate.
● It floats on a double layer of rigid polystyrene.
● It rests on a well-drained layer of crushed stone.
● The Slab On Grade design is engineered for frost protection.
● It distributes the heat from the heating source evenly throughout the house.
● There are no drafts, cold areas or hot spots.
● The heated slab will typically be a couple of degrees above the ambient temperature of the room.
● It will gently radiate its energy to the occupants of the building in a low intensity, comfortable, efficient manner.
● The slab can also passively absorb energy from the daytime sun and distribute it at night, reducing the amount of purchased energy required.
● Very simple in design.
● Contain a water/air heat exchanger to distribute the heat from the heat source (hot water tank, boiler, etc.) to the air in the pipe system.
● Contains a fan to move the air.
● Simple thermocouple turns the fan on and off as demanded by the supply of hot water to the unit by the thermostat.
● Uses internal valving for control, as well as the external heat source to provide the heated water.
● Contains electric heating elements and a fan.
● Simple in overall function.
● Only requires electricity to heat the air directly with the heating elements.
All moving and mechanical components are contained within the furnace box.
Furnace boxes can be easily opened and accessed for maintenance, as required.
No outside air enters or leaves the system.
No air is blown around in the living area of the house by the LEGALETT System.
Drafts and overall air movement is reduced to simply what is required for healthy ventilation as provided by a heat recovery ventilator or similar system.